Twitter drives a median 8.5 percent of all social traffic to media sites across Parse.ly’s network of digital publishers. But to what extent can publishers influence this number? Does the type of content shared on Twitter impact how readers engage?
In this report, you’ll find:
- How much traffic publishers are getting from Twitter
- Differences between “conversational” tweets and “breaking news” tweets in terms of how much traffic they are sending to news sites
- Tweet volume relating to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election
- Hourly volume of tweets mentioning the Brussels terrorist attack
- Key takeaways for news organizations using Twitter
In each Authority Report, Parse.ly also shows the top known referral sources to our network of sites. Each of these depicts a snapshot of the traffic to our network in time and reflects both industry trends and shifts in our publishing clients.
- In this report, Facebook remains ahead of Google as the top source of referral traffic to Parse.ly’s network of digital publishers.
- To see the most current traffic trends, check out this continually updating dashboard showing the top referrers and referrer types to the Parse.ly network.
Want to see more Parse.ly network analysis? Download all of our authority reports