Parse.ly is the content analytics platform trusted by pro storytellers. We believe the most successful companies in the digital world are the ones with the best content. Our content analytics platform is used by over 400 enterprises and installed on over 4,000 high-traffic sites, including Bloomberg, Arstechnica, Slate, the NFL, HelloFresh, WeddingWire, and Zapier.
And people love working here! Parse.ly has been a fully distributed team since 2010, with all engineers, designers, and product managers working from home offices across the U.S. and elsewhere. We value a healthy work-life balance. You can pick your kid up from soccer practice or alter your working hours to take a class, no sweat. For more about our culture, check out our overall 5-star Glassdoor rating or our team page.
About the role
We're seeking a product manager with an interest in B2B SaaS and product-led growth techniques. One of your first projects will involve improving the time-to-value from when prospects and customers first sign up to Parse.ly to when they decide to buy the product and integrate with their sites/apps. We’re looking for candidates who have a proven track record of success in this area, as well as an interest in "the whole product", ranging from marketing to integration to usage. In this role, you'll see features through from customer discovery to analyzing the results of your team's efforts after launch.
What you’ll do
- Work with engineers to identify, test, and iterate on ways to reduce time to value for our customers.
- Effectively communicate with business and product team members to drive alignment and motivate smart people to do their best work.
- Talk to our customers to understand their most pressing problems and disseminate those insights to the product team.
- Use qualitative and quantitative measures to inform product development and determine whether your solutions are solving the problem.
- Collaborate with execs and engineering directors to define product strategy and vision.
Who you are
- Growth-minded. You’re eager to tackle problems that reduce friction and make it easy for users to onboard to a product.
- Outcome-oriented. You know your job isn’t done once a feature has shipped. You measure the success of your work based on results.
- Customer-obsessed. You have an empathy for customer needs and an intellectual curiosity to serve those needs through technology.
- Iteratively-inclined. You know how to break down a problem or project into small pieces and you bias toward shipping.
- Work from home or anywhere else in our industry-leading distributed team. We’ve been remote since our founding in 2010! (For this role, people who can work in the U.S. Eastern or Central time zones will be prioritized.)
- Our distributed team is best-in-class and we happily skip commutes by working out of our ergonomic home offices. Here's a photograph of our technical co-founder's setup running two full-screen Parse.ly dashboards.
- Earn a competitive salary and benefits (health/dental/401k).
- Splurge with a generous equipment budget.
- Work with one of the brightest teams in tech.
A Note About Diversity & Inclusion at Parse.ly
We’re improving diversity in the tech industry. At Parse.ly and our parent company, Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Studies have shown that women and people of color tend not to apply for jobs unless they feel they meet exactly all items in the job description. We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t match everything listed in the job description. Let us know why this role appeals to you, why you will be great, and which requirements will stretch you.
We are an equal opportunity employer who values and encourages diversity and belonging at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
- Send your resume and/or LinkedIn profile and a link to any relevant portfolios or projects to email@example.com. Indicate you are applying for the “Product Manager” role in the subject line.
- Include a 1-3 paragraph intro to why you're interested in this role. Let us know what part of the position interests you.
- Please include your time zone, working hours, and location. While we can hire from most locations, we will prioritize those near US/Eastern and US/Central time zones for this role.