We are seeking a senior developer who loves programming and shipping production software, but who also has keen design instincts and an ability to simplify, simplify, simplify -- until the data speaks for itself.
Our frontend team owns the core experience of Parse.ly’s customer-facing SaaS products -- most importantly, its real-time analytics dashboard.
Parse.ly is a fully distributed team, which means 100% of our engineers, designers, and product managers (including our founder & CTO) work out of home offices. Most of the product team is located in US/Eastern and US/Central timezones. We'll give preference to those timezones, because even though we operate on a distributed/async model, we like to have timezone overlap for f2f (video) collaboration and pairing. We prefer to hire US-based candidates, but we'll consider Canada, Mexico, and Argentina for this role.
What You’ll Do
- Come up with novel interface implementations and data visualizations.
- Write code in Python that powers our Django-based HTTP API.
- Creatively sketch and design new product features.
- Analyze customer usage data to improve shipped features.
An Ideal Applicant Will Have
- 5+ years experience in technology.
- A preference for self-sufficient productivity.
- Comfort with git, the command line, and Python.
- Experience working on cross-functional teams.
- A customer focused mindset with a strong desire to ship.
To demonstrate product-centric thinking to us, we ask that you point us toward some examples of your work. For example:
- Screenshots of past products you have worked on and how they looked in a shipped state, with some explanation of what parts you worked on, and how it was built.
- A web portfolio of data visualization sketches
- Or, if none of the above are available, feel free to get creative! Perhaps include a recorded live demo; share a link to a recorded presentation at a conference or meetup; or, even share raw notes captured from your notebook. Indeed, photos of your design sketchbooks are very much welcome!
Send a cover letter, CV/resume, and optionally links to projects or code, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate you are applying for the "Frontend Engineer" role.