Understanding traffic patterns from the top news topics of 2015
The top news stories of 2015 ran the gamut from popular to scandalous, to tragic. And while we can't control what stories capture the public's attention, we can look at how readers are discovering these stories.
This Authority Report examines search and social traffic for the top stories of 2015 to help publishers better understand how, and where, their news is circulating.
Top stories covered in this report:¶
- Charlie Hebdo
- Bobbi Kristina Brown
- Floyd Mayweather, Jr. vs. Manny Pacquiao
- Rachel Dolezal
- Cecil the Lion
- The Ashley Madison Agency
- Ahmed Mohamed
Traffic Sources Update:¶
- In July, Facebook pulled ahead of Google as the top source of referral traffic to Parse.ly’s network.
- See the top referrral sources to the Parse.ly publishing network today!
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
- What drives news traffic, social or search? - siliconrepublic
- Social media drove more referrals than search for 2015’s biggest news stories - VentureBeat
- Facebook top referring site for publishers, followed by Google: Parse.ly - LiveMint
- Social Beat Search In Referrals For The Year’s Top News Stories - MarketingLand
- Social Media Dominated Referrals for Year's Top Stories - MediaPost
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
2018 traffic sources by content categories and topics
An analysis of referrer traffic data reveals benchmarks for the categories and topics that resonate with 2018 audiences and where they discover stories to read.
Ahead of the 2018 midterms, a look back at the 2016 presidential candidate media coverage
Turning to data to understand the full story of how the media covered the 2016 elections and how readers responded.