The latest installment of the Authority Report summarizes the current state of tags in digital media. The Parse.ly team analyzed tagging conventions across our network of nearly 400 digital media organizations to see how different companies use, or don’t use, tags. Though there is not much standardization, we can give you a glimpse into what digital publishers are doing now.
Authority Report Findings:
- How many organizations are using (and not using) tags
- Tips for using tags effectively
- For Major Publishers, Facebook Referral Traffic Passes Google Again - Marketing Land
- Facebook, Not Google, Is Now the Top Referral Source for Digital Publishers - Adweek
- Facebook has taken over from Google as a traffic source for news - Fortune
- Facebook is now more important than Google for online publishers - Business Insider
Want to see more Parse.ly network analysis? Download all of our authority reports
Learn the latest around leveraging content to understand your audience and grow your business
Join thousands reading the Parse.ly newsletter
Bloomberg: Global growth by paying attention to local audiences
Bloomberg achieved an ambitious internal goal to increase their global presence by segmenting their traffic by region.
Slate: Increasing reader loyalty and growing subscriptions
Slate monetized their incredibly loyal audience by shifting their focus from unique visitors to engaged time.
HelloFresh: Standing out in a market with too many cooks
Global meal kit provider HelloFresh uses content to differentiate their brand identity and curate an enjoyable at-home cooking experience for their customers.