Video has long been hyped as “the next big thing,” guaranteed to drive revenue to struggling online media sites. But, putting out video with no strategy, and assuming it will work, is not smart or sustainable.
This Authority Report takes a closer look at the success of video and other common media formats, including short-form, long-form and slideshows, to see if the overall impact of a piece of content is connected in any way to its layout.
In this Authority Report, we answer these questions:
- Which post format earns the most engaged time?
- What topics are most commonly covered by each format?
- As video programs continue to grow, has the hype trumped the online media industry’s concern for user experience?
- How do Facebook and Google perform as referral sources for each type of post?
- Which post format is most attractive to new visitors? Returning visitors?
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
Want to see more Parse.ly network analysis? Download all of our authority reports
Learn the latest around leveraging content to understand your audience and grow your business
Join thousands reading the Parse.ly newsletter
Bloomberg: Global growth by paying attention to local audiences
Bloomberg achieved an ambitious internal goal to increase their global presence by segmenting their traffic by region.
Slate: Increasing reader loyalty and growing subscriptions
Slate monetized their incredibly loyal audience by shifting their focus from unique visitors to engaged time.
HelloFresh: Standing out in a market with too many cooks
Global meal kit provider HelloFresh uses content to differentiate their brand identity and curate an enjoyable at-home cooking experience for their customers.