How content format impacts audience engagement
Video has long been hyped as “the next big thing,” guaranteed to drive revenue to struggling online media sites. But, putting out video with no strategy, and assuming it will work, is not smart or sustainable.
This Authority Report takes a closer look at the success of video and other common media formats, including short-form, long-form and slideshows, to see if the overall impact of a piece of content is connected in any way to its layout.
In this Authority Report, we answer these questions:¶
- Which post format earns the most engaged time?
- What topics are most commonly covered by each format?
- As video programs continue to grow, has the hype trumped the online media industry’s concern for user experience?
- How do Facebook and Google perform as referral sources for each type of post?
- Which post format is most attractive to new visitors? Returning visitors?
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
Ahead of the 2018 midterms, a look back at the 2016 presidential candidate media coverage
Turning to data to understand the full story of how the media covered the 2016 elections and how readers responded.
HelloFresh: Standing out in a market with too many cooks
Global meal kit provider HelloFresh uses content to differentiate their brand identity and curate an enjoyable at-home cooking experience for their customers.