The rebirth of the homepage
A couple of years ago, several sites reported on "the death of the homepage" after seeing an analysis published in The New York Times Innovation Report, which showed a 50 percent decline in traffic to www.nytimes.com. Since then, the importance of the homepage has been discussed and debated.
This Authority Report dives into the role the homepage plays today, and how it can be used to meet content goals.
In this Authority Report, get answers to these questions:¶
- Where does homepage traffic come from, and how do different types of visitors engage?
- Does the placement of content on the homepage impact how many people click on it?
- In what ways does homepage traffic vary across different publisher types?
- How can homepage editors proactively drive social referral traffic from the homepage?
- Is it possible to use data to improve the effectiveness of your homepage?
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
Slate: Increasing reader loyalty and growing subscriptions
Slate monetized their incredibly loyal audience by shifting their focus from unique visitors to engaged time.
Redefining bounce rate with engaged time
See why analyzing engaged time breakdowns and drop-off rates for content offers a more descriptive measurement for the quality of site visits than bounce rate.