Does Twitter matter for news sites?
Twitter drives a median 8.5 percent of all social traffic to media sites across Parse.ly’s network of digital publishers. But to what extent can publishers influence this number? Does the type of content shared on Twitter impact how readers engage?
This Authority Report examines:¶
- How much traffic publishers are getting from Twitter
- Differences between "conversational" tweets and "breaking news" tweets in terms of how much traffic they are sending to news sites
- Tweet volume relating to the 2016 U.S. Presidential election
- Hourly volume of tweets mentioning the Brussels terrorist attack
- Key takeaways for news organizations using Twitter
In each Authority Report, Parse.ly shows the top known referral sources to our network of sites. Each of these depicts a snapshot of the traffic to our network in time and reflects both industry trends and shifts in our publishing clients.
Traffic Sources Update:¶
- Facebook remains ahead of Google as the top source of referral traffic to Parse.ly's network of digital publishers.
- See the top referral sources to the Parse.ly publishing network today!
Download the Authority Report now to see our findings.
Download this Authority Report
Here you go!
How audiences find articles, by topic
How audiences find articles varies by topic. Learn what implications this referral data has for your content strategy.
Exploring the impact of formats on audience metrics
Parse.ly investigates the success of video and other common media formats