Analytics Dashboard Release Notes
We’re constantly improving the Parse.ly dashboard by adding new features, refining existing ones, and eradicating bugs. This is a record of changes our customers see in the dashboard.
Check back here for updates or look for product announcements on our blog.
August 7, 2018
Often, it’s hard to pick out the habits and interests of niche audiences from sweeping aggregate trends. With audience segments, you can understand and optimize for audience subsets like subscribers, users, regional readers, and more.
- Learn how Bloomberg Media and WSJ put audience segments to work.
- Reach out to your account manager or firstname.lastname@example.org to talk possibilities and pricing.
- Read about audience segment implementation.
July 17, 2018
This release aims to help you get more out of the reporting suite.
See campaign performance in Top Listings and Details reports
Get a high-level look at the top campaigns or dig into a detailed report on a specific campaign’s performance.
When you create a new report, you can add campaign data by selecting Campaigns and a campaign aspect. (Note: campaign data is not yet available for Stats Over Time, Evergreen Overview, or Audience Overview reports.)
Campaign data also appears in all Details reports, so you can see the top campaigns by section, author, tag, etc.
Create a Details report for your whole network or a site group
If you have Network Rollup enabled, you can see how content is performing across your entire network or a group of sites. Select All Traffic or the site group name in the drop down and then select Network or Site Group when you create a Details report.
Filter Details and Stats Over Time reports
Add filters to your reports to show the performance of certain topics in a section, specific sections for an author, etc.
- Stats Over Time reports and exports now contain a column showing the number of posts published in the selected interval.
- Export Top Listings directly from author, section, or tag details pages.
- Get an export or report for a network’s top sites.
- UI updates to the mobile app.
March 29, 2018
- Admins can choose the default time range, metric, and more in the new Preferences panel.
- Filter to see all the tags, campaigns, sections, and authors that start with a certain string of characters (Show me all campaigns that start with daily).
- Use multiple filters at once! (Show me all posts by Samwell Tarly in the Science section tagged with medieval-history).
- The Evergreen Overview report has gone granular. See the top evergreen posts by author, section, tag, campaign group, etc.
- Filter the Top Listings and Evergreen Overview reports by campaign group.
- The Top Listings Export now includes “video starts” and “engaged minutes” columns where video tracking is enabled.
- We tweaked the way we display Tweets.
- We changed the way we calculate new/returning visitors. Learn more.
December 19, 2017
- AMP and Facebook Instant Articles are now officially supported, with their own listings page and details pages. Get instructions for integrating AMP or Facebook Instant Articles with Parse.ly.
- Referrer badges appear when a large percentage of a post’s traffic is from a single referrer.
- The redesigned tweets display introduces new ways to understand Twitter engagement.
- Schedule recurring reports to track progress toward your monthly or quarterly KPIs.
- Filter Overview listings by publish date.
- Video badges now show how many visitors started watching videos on a page.
October 31, 2017
- Overview can now be customized to show the information that matters most to you, like your stories, sections, or beats.
- The header got a redesign to make things a bit less cramped.
- Create a campaign group to filter paid traffic or any other traffic tagged with campaign parameters.
- Network admins can now group multiple sites (by vertical, location… you name it) to see data in one place.
- We’ve added a footer that lets you send feedback and shows tips for getting more out of the Parse.ly dashboard.
July 27, 2017
Parse.ly’s on-page analytics bookmarklet now has seven metrics for evaluating slot performance, as well as referrer, visitor, and device breakdowns on each and every page.
June 5, 2017
- You can now gauge the impact of marketing campaigns on video engagement. The Campaigns page shows how video starts, visitors, and minutes watched vary from campaign to campaign. Video details pages also display campaign data.
May 19, 2017
- When you’re on a listings page, like top posts or top authors, you can either export up to 10,000 rows of data instantly or schedule a Top Listings report.
May 16, 2017
- IT experts will be happy to know that Parse.ly now supports SAML 2.0. This makes it possible for admins to connect Parse.ly to identity management services like Okta or OneLogin, set up single sign-on, and onboard and offboard users in one place.
- Admins can enforce log ins with Google Authentication or their preferred identity management service.
- Creating reports is much simpler with a clean new interface.
- Admins, rejoice! You can now change permissions and site access for multiple users, instead of trudging through one by one.
- Network admins can manage users for all sites in their publishing network and grant other users network-level access.
- Admins of more than one site can filter users by site access, permissions, and email address.
Many updates occurred before May 2017, but they aren’t recorded here. Check out these tips for using Parse.ly at your organization.