Comparing Parse.ly metrics against other analytics tools
Occasionally different analytics tools will show different results. If you’re seeing a discrepancy between what you see in Parse.ly and what you see somewhere else, it is likely due to one of the following issues:
- There is a difference in integration (e.g. one is set up to track mobile or app traffic, but the other is not)
- Tracking of special web pages, like image galleries or infinite scrolling, is different between the tools (e.g. one is tracking each image click the other is not)
- You’ve configured Parse.ly incorrectly. Consult our integration checklist for a comprehensive list of the steps involved in a successful implementation.
- Using different metric definitions. Other analytics systems may consider a unique visitor or the actions for “engaged time” different. Make sure you understand the definition of the metric you’re looking at.
- You’re looking at different buckets of time. Make sure that if Parse.ly is showing 24 hours that you are not only looking at “today” in another analytics platform (or vice versa).
A 7-9% relative difference between analytics tools is within the normal range and should not be considered problematic.
If you encounter much larger discrepancies, please contact our support team by filing a ticket for further investigation.