Integration checklist for new customers
Every new Parse.ly integration starts with the same first two steps:
- Include our basic tracker on all pages of your site.
- Include metadata in one of our recognized formats on all pages of your site.
If your site is a single page application (SPA), or otherwise has dynamically loaded content, you may need to configure dynamic tracking to manually send pageview events, rather than relying on the automatic pageviews of the basic tracker.
We’re happy to provide a testing site ID and dashboard if you’re not ready to experiment on your production site. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get one set up.
In most cases, customers are able to accomplish both steps quickly and without hassle. However, if you do run into trouble, we recommend the following:
- Use our Validator tool to check both that both the tracker and metadata are correct for a particular URL.
- For tracking issues, use our integration troubleshooting guide to help find the most relevant technical documentation.
- For metadata issues, read about how to avoid the most common metadata mistakes.
- Log into Parse.ly at https://dash.parsely.com/<your site ID>/ and see how the data is being received.
#Additional integration steps for Enterprise customers
If you’re a Starter or Growth tier customer interested in any of the following steps, please contact email@example.com about upgrading your account.
While the above two steps will provide you with a fully functional analytics dashboard, there are a number of further steps you may want to take to enhance a basic integration, depending on your needs.
#Collecting data from other platforms
- Configure tracking for Facebook Instant/Google AMP.
- Configure tracking for your Android and iOS apps.
#Collecting video/audio data from embedded players
- If you use a supported player, read the specific documentation to see if any additional scripts or configuration is necessary for Parse.ly to automatically detect video events.
- Otherwise, define a strategy for the Parse.ly tracker to discover and detect video events.
#Customizing data collection
- Modify your tracking integration to define custom audience segments.
- Provide custom metadata (for use with the Parse.ly API or Data Pipeline)
#Configuring other tools
- Modify your homepage markup to track slot performance via the Overlay bookmarklet.
- Get started with the Parse.ly API.
- Get started with the Parse.ly Data Pipeline.
- Schedule a staff training session with your account manager.
- Invite your colleagues to create Parse.ly logins from dash.parsely.com/