Currents Tips and Tricks
Check out these videos to learn how to make the most of Currents.
- Complex queries: see trends for a category of content in a U.S. state or market area
- Site benchmarking: compare attention for your site(s) to attention trends across the internet
How to compare what Legal Issues Californians and Texans cared about over the last week:
- Click the compass icon.
- Click the calendar icon and select Last Week.
- Click Add Query. Search for and click California (U.S. state).
- Click the plus button next to California (U.S. state). Search for and click Legal Issues (category). You should now see Californians’ attention for Legal Issues.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with Texas (U.S. state). You should now see Californians’ attention for Legal Issues compared to Texans’ attention for Legal Issues.
How to benchmark trends for your Technology & Computing content to all Technology & Computing content:
- Click on your site on the homepage.
- Click the calendar icon to select a longer time period (at least a month’s worth) so you can see clearer trends.
- Click the + button next to your site’s name. Search for and click Technology & Computing. You should now see trends for tech content on your site.
- Click Add Query. Search for and click Technology & Computing. You should now see your tech content traffic vs all tech content traffic.
Note: this feature is only available for Pro and Enterprise users who have sites integrated with Parse.ly Analytics. Because Currents only shows traffic to posts and samples data to keep things speedy, site traffic in Currents will not exactly match site traffic in Analytics.