Director of Relationship Management
WordPress VIP (WPVIP), the enterprise division of Automattic, is the world’s leading agile content management platform. Our goal is to bring the ease and agility of WordPress to the world’s largest companies. We work with customers like Salesforce, Facebook, News Corp, Slack, Time, TechCrunch and hundreds more to empower their teams to produce digital content faster and smarter, while also ensuring premium security and scalability. We are scaling fast and our team is helping drive strategy and growth for our largest customers at VIP. This is an opportunity to join a team where your impact will be significant!
You will be a fit for this role by bringing extensive experience working with C-level executives at your customer accounts, and partnering with internal executives on retention strategy and expansion planning. In this role, you'll work directly with VIP's Chief Revenue Officer and Chief Customer Officer to develop strategy around growing Net Revenue Retention and Gross Revenue Retention. You'll be responsible for leading a team of Relationship Managers working with Parse.ly customers.
This isn’t your typical work-from-home job — we are a fully-remote company with unlimited paid time off. To see a full list of benefits by country, check out our Benefits Page. Check out these links to learn more about How We Hire and What We Expect from Ourselves.
- Mentor, coach, and lead a team of Relationship Managers.
- Work with sales and finance teams to accurately forecast retention and expansion.
- Develop high-impact strategies around customer retention and Net Revenue Retention and Gross Revenue Retention.
- Guide the Relationship Management team in complex pricing negotiations with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with our onboarding, support, professional services, and engineering teams to ensure we are driving customer value.
- Develop playbooks to increase revenue in existing accounts through cross-sell and upsell, including post-acquisition planning.
- Note: Some travel is required for this role (client site visits and team meetups). Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, all travel is limited and optional at this time. However, our HR team is carefully watching the situation and may revise the travel policy while implementing guidance from government and health agency reports.
- 7+ years of experience as a Relationship Manager, Client Partner, or Director of Customer Success supporting large scale enterprise clients.
- Ability to work East Coast business hours (UTC-5).
- Digital content experience (prior experience with Analytics Tools, Content Management Systems or Digital Experience Platforms is a plus).
- Experience communicating and negotiating with C-Suite and other senior executives and stakeholders.
- High degree of emotional intelligence and customer empathy.
- Excellent communication skills; written, oral, and presentation.
- Experience meeting and exceeding Net Revenue Retention (NRR) and Gross Revenue Retention (GRR) goals.
- Demonstrated ability to steer and de-escalate sensitive or tough customer situations.
We’re a distributed company with more than 1900 Automatticians in 96 countries speaking 120+ different languages. We democratize publishing and commerce so anyone with a story can tell it, and anyone with a product can sell it, regardless of income, gender, politics, language, or country.
We believe in Open Source and the vast majority of our work is available under the GPL.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at Automattic
We’re improving diversity, equity, and inclusion in the tech industry. At Automattic, we want people to love their work and show respect and empathy to all. We welcome differences and strive to increase participation from traditionally underrepresented groups. Our DEI committee involves Automatticians across the company and drives grassroots change. For example, this group has helped facilitate private online spaces for affiliated Automatticians to gather and helps run a monthly DEI People Lab series for further learning. Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is a priority at Automattic, though our dedication influences far more than just Automatticians: We make our products freely available and translate our products into and offer customer support in numerous languages. We require unconscious bias training for our hiring teams and ensure our products are accessible across different bandwidths and devices. Learn more about our dedication to diversity, equity, and inclusion and our Employee Resource Groups.