Customer Support Engineer
Code + Communication = Customer Success
The goal of a Customer Support Engineer: ensure our customers are delighted with our products, through the wise application of technical know-how and strong communication skills.
Parse.ly is a fully distributed team, which means 100% of our engineers, designers, and product managers (including our founder & CTO) work out of home offices. Most of the support team located in US/Eastern and US/Central timezones. We'll also give preference to those timezones, because even though we operate on a distributed/async model, we like to have timezone overlap for f2f (video) collaboration and pairing. We prefer to hire US-based candidates, but we'll consider Canada, Mexico, and Argentina for this role.
For this role, you need to love to help people, to write, to solve problems. You need to be technical enough to gain deep experience in analytics -- not just our tools, but the other tools our customers use. You need to stay close to our customers and understand how they use our product, APIs, and infrastructure, as well as how it fits into their broader analytics goals.
You have to love the idea of explaining tough technical concepts to a non-technical crowd. You want to use your people skills to work closely with top media companies and leading brands. You want to solve huge problems for them, but also sharpen your technical skills by staying embedded in the product team.
As for you, to match well to this role, you’re likely on the junior side of your career but you are willing to learn -- and you're ready to solve specific challenges for customers.
A Day In The Life of a Customer Support Engineer
In interacting with customers, you’re likely to help customers integrate open source content management systems (such as Wordpress, Drupal); SQL data warehouses (such as Redshift, BigQuery); video player plug-ins (such as JWPlayer, VideoJS); and iOS/Android mobile SDKs.
You care deeply about our users and partners, and you will judge yourself on how well you serve them.
Your Responsibilities On The Team
- Interface directly with our largest customers’ technical teams, serving as their primary point of contact for technical issues and questions.
- Communicate how Parse.ly can solve business and technical challenges, from high-level use cases to code implementation.
- Practice your stellar troubleshooting and debugging techniques daily, and communicate these effectively to the internal Parse.ly team and externally to the customer via web, email, and phone/video discussion.
- Create technical content and documentation to showcase common use cases, common issues, and best practices.
- Help improve the Parse.ly product by identifying areas of improvement or growth through your direct line of communication with the customer. Or, if necessary, you build it yourself.
- Strike a balance between reacting to support issues and creating a proactive routine to identify and communicate common issues before they arise.
- Work closely with the product team and support team to improve usage across our entire platform.
- People with past experience working remotely (especially on fully distributed teams) will be prioritized.
How To Get An Interview
- Apply now by sending your CV and/or LinkedIn profile, Github link (or similar, if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate you are applying for the "Customer Support Engineer" role.
- Include a 1-3 paragraph intro to why you're interested in this role. Let us know what part of the position interests you.
- Point us toward an interesting project or piece of code you wrote.
- If you run your own website(s) or have any other proof of your experience with web technologies, share it!