Business Development Representative (BDR)
Parse.ly is looking for a number of highly motivated Business Development Representatives to accelerate the rapid growth of the company into new industry segments in North America.
This is a unique opportunity to join one of New York’s most exciting growth companies and be part of a team that is changing the way the world thinks about content. We have a great startup culture; we're fun, open, inclusive, and collaborative. We have great customers and a world-leading product. At any moment in time we are analyzing over one billion page views covering one sixth of the internet; providing insights across 4,000 of the world’s top 10,000 websites, and enabling over 350 of the world’s greatest companies to drive better business results through their content.
Based in our New York City office, you will join a team of successful BDR’s, and be part of our Sales & Marketing organization. You will be expected to target and qualify up to 100 prospect accounts each day and book 10-12 meetings per week for the sales team. You will be supported by our best-in-class sales enablement and training programs, a proven methodology of outbound and inbound lead generation, and a structured sales process. You will receive hands on support and coaching from your manager, peers and Executives, and will have a clear career development path into sales, marketing or customer success after 18-24 months.
Primary responsibilities will include finding and reaching out to companies that could use Parse.ly, qualifying people interested in Parse.ly, and creating/supporting sales opportunities. As a customer facing employee you will be working directly with mid-sized and Enterprise companies, and your work will directly impact the growth, reputation and success of the company.
The ideal candidate(s) will be excellent communicators, self-motivated, quick learners, confident, process orientated and comfortable with technology. Ideal candidates must also possess strong sales acumen, demonstrate EQ (as well as IQ), and have the desire to progress into sales, marketing, customer success or some other revenue generating role in 1-2 years.
If you thrive in an environment where you can drive results, contribute to a team, solve problems for customers, and change the way organizations think about content - then we'd love to talk to you!
What you'll do
- Prospect up to 100 leads daily through phone, email, LinkedIn, etc.
- Reply to and follow up with inbound inquiries in a timely manner
- Schedule 10-12 meetings per week
- Manage outreach campaigns and leverage performance data to optimize prospecting efforts
- Understand the challenges our clients face, and explain succinctly how Parse.ly can solve those challenges
- Communicate the impact Parse.ly can make to new prospects to open up more in depth conversations for the sales team
You should have:
- 1+ years of business development or sales experience is a plus, but applicants of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and project management skills
- Proficiency with Salesforce and LinkedIn SalesNavigator
- Proficient using Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets
- Keen attention to detail and adherence to deadlines
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of and interest in online content and content analytics
- Experience / familiarity with SaaS businesses
How to Apply
- Apply now by sending your CV and/or LinkedIn profile, Github link (or similar, if available) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Make sure to indicate you are applying for the "Business Development Representative" role.
- Include a 1-3 paragraph intro to why you're interested in this role.
- If you run your own website(s) or have any other proof of your experience with web technologies or content analytics, share it!